Welcome to Bryanston
Bryanston is a delightful, much sought-after village situated on the River Stour, 1 mile west of Blandford Forum.
In the 1890s the Portman family built a large country house, designed by Richard Norman Shaw and set in 400 acres (160 ha). Since 1927 the building has been the home of Bryanston School. In 1950 Viscount Portman gave up the Bryanston Estates as part payment of death duties. The estate was then owned by the Crown until 2015 when the estate was purchased by a UK company held on behalf of the Viscount Rothermere and his son the Hon Vere Harmsworth for an undisclosed sum.
The village is home to Bryanston School, a co-educational independent school for day and boarding pupils and the ‘Bryanston Club’, a social club with pool and snooker tables, darts board, two skittle alleys and a dance floor. The club can be hired for functions, including birthday parties and business meetings.
With regards to the property market in Bryanston, there is a mix of period and post war housing. Property rarely becomes available in this village largely due to the small number of houses.
If you are looking to purchase or rent a property in Bryanston, please do get in touch.