Welcome to Milborne St Andrew
Milborne St Andrew is a village situated on the A354 road, 9 miles northeast of the county town Dorchester and 10 miles west of Blandford Forum, in a winterbourne valley on the dip slope of the Dorset Downs. In the 2011 census the parish had 472 dwellings, 453 households and a population of 1,062.
Weatherby Castle is an Iron Age hill fort that encloses about 17 acres on a spur of land about 3⁄4-mile south of the village. Its structure comprises two concentric enclosures, though parts have been damaged by cultivation and ploughing. Pieces of Roman ware were found within the site in the 19th century. In 1086 in the Domesday Book Milborne St Andrew was recorded as Meleburne; it had 10 households, 4 ploughlands, 5 acres (2 hectares) of meadow and one mill.
The village benefits from a number of community facilities within the village, including a village store, an infants' school, Milborne St Andrew First School, a public house (The Royal Oak), a parish church founded in 1069, and a sports club and pavilion, home of the Milborne Sports Football Club.
With regards to the property market in the village there is a range of character and post war properties. The market is steady with properties regularly available throughout the village.
If you are looking for an Estate Agent with knowledge of the area, get in touch today!