Blandford is relatively well equipped for retirement properties (sometimes referred to as 'Sheltered Housing').
If you are looking to buy a retirement property in the town, there are three main developments for you to consider, all are flats.
- Ryan Court - situated on White Cliff Mill Street and Bryanston Street, just a short walk to the town centre (albeit it uphill on the walk back home up Salisbury Street) - The development was built in the late 1980's, and consists of two blocks of flats (one fronting onto each street previously mentioned) with 80 flats, the majority being 1 bedroom flats, some two beds and we are convinced we have seen a three bedroom flat in the past! The block has an over 55's age restriction, benefits from a communal lounge, communal laundry facilities, guest flat, on-site wardens, communal gardens and communal parking.
- White Cliff Court - situated on White Cliff Mill Street - this small select development was built in the early 1990's and consists of two small blocks with a total of 10 flats, 5 on the ground floor and 5 on the first floor. The block has beautiful communal gardens, shared parking (a limited number of spaces). The block has an over 60's age restriction and requires residents not be in full time work.
- Chestnut House - situated in the town centre on East Street is a short level walk to the shops. The development was built in the early 1990's and consists of 43 one and two bedroom flats across two blocks, one block fronts directly onto the road with a central entrance passageway, the main central block is a part conversion of an older building with extensions. The block has an over 55's age restriction, benefits from communal gardens and shared parking.
Within these three developments, you are most likely to find a flat at Ryan Court available to rent / for let, we understand there maybe lease restrictions for Chestnut House & White Cliff Court that make the prospect of renting one of those flats unviable, although at the time of writing there is a flat available to let at White Cliff Court.
There is a small development of just 8 properties in Hornbeam Way in Blandford, situated just off of the sought after Milldown Road in Blandford - this is a small gated development exclusively for the over 55's. Alternatively if your search area is a little wider you could consider the 'Home Farm' development at Iwerne Minster, a development of 27 houses, flats and bungalows set in communal grounds of over 3.5 acres.
McCarthy & Stone currently have a development going through the planning phases as part of the 'Brewery Place' development in Blandford St Mary. The development is for a block of 43 one and two bedroom flats with an over 60's age restriction. We understand these flats will be available with a choice of outright purchase, rent and a part buy part rent option.
For those looking to rent, apart from the previously mentioned possible private rent options, there are several housing association (with a variety of different housing associations) retirement developments available in Blandford notably these are:
- Hanover Court - situated off of White Cliff Mill Street and Eagle House Gardens a development of 46 one and two bedroom flats.
- Wilverly Gardens - situated off of Queens Road, a development of 28 one and two bedroom flats.
- Alexandra Court - on Oakfield Street - a small block of 8 flats for the over 55's.
- Lavington House - situated on Jubilee Way, a development of 32 one and two bedroom flats.
- Station Court - situated on Damory Court Street a development of 23 one and two bedroom flats.
- Wessex Court - situated on the corner of Salisbury Street and Damory House a 1960's development consisting of 28 flats.
Looking out to the villages - blocks of retirement flats can also be found at:
- Bryanston Court in Blandford St Mary.
- Chescombe Court in Winterborne Whitechurch.
- Churchill Court in Winterborne Stickland.
We generally have a selection of houses for sale in Blandford at any one time, if you are considering a move to the area our experienced team are always happy to offer advice on the local area and amenities.